Tuesday, February 25, 2014

MARDI GRAS/CARNAVAL UPDATE 1

Riddle and I have been working on the PARADE for Sunday at 11 am. The Parade will feature anyone who wants to be in it IN COSTUME. We have figured out how to make Parade Floats so you can ride a float and dance or just walk in the Parade.

Here is a picture of the audience area with seats.


to get there, when you land at the gate instead of entering the Club, just turn right. Here is the slurl. There are seats and the announcer's stand for Scorpio who will do the honors for us.

HOW THE PARADE WORKS

I have been making floats and can make one for you OR you can make one with a little help from me. Let me describe how it works. 

    1. The floats are made ahead of time and stored in a rezzer. Here is a picture looking down with the rezzer on the left.



    2. Once rezzed the floats exit the rezzing area one at a time. I set the order of the Parade. The floats are set at 40 seconds apart.

    3. Each float enters the loading area and stops for 10 seconds. The loading area is the wooden box on the center right of the overhead picture. Here is another photo of the first float in the loading area.


    The floats have either pose balls or pads for one to four people. While the float is in the loading area, people can hop on by touching or sitting. Once on the float, you can stand and use your HUD to move or dance using the built in dance.

    4. The float then moves past the audience and Scorpio plays appropriate music and makes comments. The people on the float show their costumes and have fun.

    5. Once past the reviewing stand the float de-rezzes and the people who were on the float can watch the parade.

    Of course, if you prefer to walk in the Parade, you can.

    MAKING A FLOAT

    The floats have to be owned by me or the rezzer won't work. If you want a float, I can make one for you. I will ask you the color you want, what kind of dance you want and how many people will be on the float. Once I make it, you can test it out and we can modify it.

    You can also make your own float. I have put three white float bases for you to build on. 


    Choose one and build what you want. The float front is marked with a lucky 7, so the audience will see you from the left side of the float as it moves past the reviewing stand. Once you are done, link it all and give it to me. That means it must be full perm. If you need help I can assist. Keep in mind that pose balls or dance pads can be linked, but syncing of two or more avatars has to be done with a HUD. 

    I will be around a lot in the next few days to help.

    THE PARADE

    I have never seen a Parade in SL and I am sure we will have some glitches, but everyone who has seen what we are doing thinks it's a lot of fun. I am hoping to get at least 20 floats so I will be calling on you to participate. 

    I asked Scorpio to announce and he may have his hands full describing the floats and playing appropriate music. If you have music preferences, let me know and I will pass them on to him.

    If this Parade is fun, we can do it again for other events. Of course, nothing will ever match our first CARNAVAL MARDI GRAS Parade

    xxx
    Nottoo




    No comments: