Saturday, February 22, 2014

SPECIAL EVENT: Mardi Gras/Carnaval 2014

Almost everyone knows Mardi Gras or Carnaval (Carnival) as a special party time. This year at NotTooHot we will celebrate the event on Sunday, March 2 through Tuesday, March 4. 

MUSIC

The music of Mardi Gras is blues, jazz and zydeco and the music of Carnaval is samba, so, the entire time of the celebration that's what we will have. If you want to DJ during this time, let me know. If you want to perform live, let me know. Many of you don't know that Riddle loves the accordion because his Mom played it in RL. I am hoping he will DJ lots of zydeco on Monday, March 3 during his regular DJ time and regale us with his SL accordion. Here is an old photo of Riddle playing ...



Hey, that's cool!

COSTUMES

Years ago Riddle and I made clothing. One of the things Riddle had fun making was masks. Of course, masks are a part of the celebration. You can find masks in SL Marketplace, but for members, you can also get one that Riddle made. Here I am in front of the mask kiosk




Stop by and decide which one you want, click on it and pay 0 L. 

Costumes are really fun. I am going to wear a lot of different ones, but my favorite is one Riddle made for me years ago. If you don't know about costumes, check SL Marketplace or look at Google images for Carnaval costumes. Creativity is important so let yourself go ... hahaha.

DANCING

We have a lot of dancers in the Club and I am inviting all of them to do a one song performance to blues, zydeco, jazz or samba during the celebration. You can dance alone, as a group, as a couple ,... anyway you want. The time you perform is up to you, just let me know when you want to do it. You can use one of the Club's stages or provide your own.

Years ago one of the first videos Riddle made of me was dancing freestyle to a samba song in the outfit Riddle made for me, which is still my favorite. 



I will be asking, so say yes or come up with a good excuse ... hahahaha. So far Summer is dancing zydeco and I am doing a samba number.

PARADE

Put on your costumes and join in the Parade on Sunday, March 2 at 11 am. We will walk around the large grassy area outside the club. I will ask one of our vocal DJs to announce for the Parade describing each outfit as we walk past the reviewing stand.



This will be fun.

MASKED BALL

Of course you cannot have Mardi Gras/Carnaval without a Masked Ball. Ours is 2 pm Sunday, March 2.

SCHEDULE

I will send out a schedule of events late next week.

xxx
Nottoo

No comments: