Friday, December 6, 2013

HOW TO: Bar Stands

After installing the bar stools with the seats, Riddle said, "What about bar stands for the guys who like to lean and drink?" This led to the creation of the Bar Stands at the Club. This is how they work ...

Here I am near the Club bar trying to think like a guy. "Hmmm, I would love a glass of that delicious Quilmes beer, Argentina's favorite."



I could walk over to the bar and look sexy with my HUD, but most guys don't have HUDs. To help them we have placed small bar decorations on the edge of the bar that double as a way to stand at the bar.

Look again at the photo above. See that blue circle on the edge of the bar. When you move your cursor over the circle, you see a small hand and a chair. Just left click ... and ZOOOOM, there you are standing at the bar in a macho stand.



You also get a blue menu in the upper right side of your screen. At least I do since I use Firestorm as a viewer.



I put in eight stands as choices. Some face out from the bar and others in. Play with this and choose what fits your mood. There are also four more choices. You can sit on the bar and be uber-cool. You can die and remain on the floor waiting for your Oscar. You can be drunk. Or you can dance and never leave the side of the bar.

Once I made the Bar Stands for guys, I began to think, "Hey, girls like to stand at the bar sometimes too!" So, I made a separate circle in red for females. If you look again at the top photo, you will see it. 

The menu for the female Bar Stands gives different choices:



How the Bar Stands are Made

The stand prim is just a colored cylinder with a script for placing the avatar and playing an animation ([HeZ] Notecard driven multi-sit (quat) 1.06c), twelve animations, and a notecard identifying the x,y,z coordinates and rotation for each position. If you are interested in something like this, let me know.

xxx
Nottoo

No comments: