Thursday, April 17, 2014

SPECIAL EVENT: Easter Celebration Update

In case you missed it, we are having an Easter Celebration on Saturday, April 19. Details are here and this note is to give you an update.

EASTER EGG HUNT

So far we have 21 eggs. I've gotten eggs from nine people and made twelve myself. Here I am with all but three of the eggs made so far ...



There is still time to make an egg and send it to me. We will have at least 25 eggs in the Easter Egg Hunt.

EASTER PARADE

I made my Easter outfit including the hat. Let me show you what I did. First, I found a freebie hat made originally by Eric Linden. Its a cowboy hat of sorts. It's the left hat in the photo below. Then, I took a mod, purchased hat from Coco in red. It's the middle hat in the photo. I decided I wanted to make a purple outfit since that is Riddle's favorite color. So, I took the Linden hat and retextured it with a photo of purple flowers I found on Google images. Then, I colored the Coco hat purple and unlinked it. I moved many of the petals form the Coco hat to the flowery Linden hat and linked it all. There it is on the right in the photo.



My Easter hat kind of looks like a purple blob from outer space, but, hey this is SL. Next, I went through my entire inventory of purple dresses. Finally, I found one that sort of matches the color of my Easter hat. It's kind of a short dress, but I'm sure Riddle will approve of it. Here I am ready for the Easter parade.



So, you can make your own Easter bonnet (hat) and outfit or buy one, BUT, be sure to be in the parade.

I am adding to the list of events that I will make photos of the Easter outfits for display in the front of the club and, of course, for the blog.

xxx
Nottoo

No comments: